Eric and Sarah couldn’t have asked for a more gorgeous day for their October wedding. It could have been a tad warmer, but you’d never know because they braved the cold like champs!
What a great way to switch from 2012 to 2013 with the merging of both Pantone Colors of the Year (tangerine tango & emerald). I adore this color combination, they compliment each other without looking too much like a carrot. This would be a great jumping off point for coordinating family portrait outfits, just add a base color like brown or white and they would make any portrait pop!
So things are a little off this week because of the big announcements that I’ve been making. This week I’m doing things different and having a What to Wear Friday (instead of the typical Wednesday edition).
So…Be different. Be YOUnique. Be bold. While most seniors are getting their portraits done in the summer or fall, why not do things your way and have them done during the winter? The set below by sminkerica7 shows just the right amount of sass that could be added to any portrait session. But there’s endless possibilities when it comes to a stunning wardrobe for the snow! So if you want to do things different from the rest, book your senior portrait consultation today with your Ann Arbor senior photographer by calling 517.499.9380 or emailing email@example.com.
Valentine’s Day will be upon us before you know it! If you haven’t already it’s definitely time to start thinking about getting that special someone in your life something they’ll remember for a long time. Why not give the gift of boudoir photography?
I’m offering a special Valentine’s Collection only good until February 3, 2013 (this guarantees the books will be in before the 14th). It will include professional hair and makeup, 1-2 hour portrait session, and an 8×8 velvet-touch hardcover book for only $425 (a savings of $175!). The book will be custom designed and include all the images from the session. Trust me when I say, this little book will be the hottest thing he (or she) will ever see! But don’t take my word for it, here’s what Missy S. had to say about the one she gave her husband for Christmas:
“I wanted to give my husband a gift that would last a lifetime. My pinup album was the perfect idea. I had an amazing time with Natalie behind the camera. I felt beautiful and my husband was beyond happy. It is hands down one of the best gifts I’ve ever given!”
Bridals shows are a great resource to help plan your wedding and get tips to make sure things run smoothly on your wedding day; but before you dive in head first here’s a few pointers to help you get the most out of a bridal show.
- Wear comfortable shoes! There’s a ton of walking to be done at a bridal show from one vendor to another and back again, so you want to make sure that your feet are nice and comfy.
- Bring a friend. It may be tempting to bring your man with you, but unless he is REALLY into helping you plan the wedding, it would probably be better if you brought a good friend or sister. Whoever is your right-hand lady in the wedding planning department.
- Notepad and pen. Bridal shows are a plethora of ideas and wedding knowledge. You will see so many vendors and talk to so many people that it can definitely get overwhelming. The notebook and pen will come in handy to remember all of those Pinterest worthy ideas or the bakers phone number who made that decadent chocolate cake!
- Have a strategy. When you arrive there should be a map of how the area is laid out. Look it over and have a plan on how you’re going to weave through all those vendors. If not, all the exciting details of another vendors booth will be pulling you all over the place. This way you see them all and don’t miss any pertinent vendor you wanted to see.
- Bring a checkbook or credit card. Many vendors will be offering deals only good if booked during the bridal show. Have some form of payment with you in case you see a deal you can’t pass up.
- Enjoy yourself! It might be a little hectic at times between the lines and the crowds, but don’t stress out about it, you’re getting married!! And you’re there to plan one of the most joyous days of your life.
Don’t forget while you’re wandering around the bridal shows who you want as your photographer…Natalie Mae Photography of course! Want to check out some bridal shows in the southern Michigan area? See the list below for one near you.
- Novi Bridal Expo | Novi, MI | January 5-6, 2013
- Lansing Bridal World | Lansing, MI | January 6, 2013
- Here Comes the Brides Bridal Show | Brighton, MI | January 13, 2013
- Brides to Be Expo | Dearborn, MI | January 20, 2013
- Elegant Wedding Winter Bridal Show | Ann Arbor, MI | January 20, 2013
- Jackson Bridal Fair | Jackson, MI | January 20, 2013